We believe that more can be done to improve education and employment outcomes for students in remote Australia, particularly Aboriginal girls and young women.
The Girls from Oz (g-oz) program, uses a tried and tested performing arts engagement model developed over 30 years by the Australian School of Performing Arts, to engage and re-engage females living in some of the most at-risk communities in Australia.
Latest News and Events
- “I am 100% behind g-oz. It gives them opportunity to develop not just in sport, not just in art, but it helps them develop holistically as young women and gives them another avenue to develop their own life.”Darren FoynesParent of Halls Creek student
- “In a world where we tend to park the ambulances at the bottom of the cliff and pour money into pick-up-the-pieces services, donating to Girls from Oz is like putting safety rails at the top of the cliff. It’s intelligent philanthropy.”Kathleen NoonanJournalist
- “Girls from Oz does potent, targeted, nuanced and intelligent work. It knows if you educate a girl, you educate a community.”Kathleen NoonanJournalist
- “Girls from Oz is utterly inspiring – it builds talent, confidence and self discipline in the girls who thrive through involvement in the program.”Dame Quentin Bryce AD CVOg-oz Patron
- “This week I really enjoyed g-oz. G-oz makes me feel very happy, strong and proud of who I am."Mysti Bedford-McGintyg-oz Participant - Halls Creek District High School